[TxMt] Create project from terminal ?

Paul Burgess paul at pjburgess.com
Sun Feb 27 19:06:28 UTC 2005

Hi all,

This may have been mentioned before somewhere, but before you tell me
to RTFM or look at the Wiki let me say that: I have, and I couldn't
find what i was looking for. So, here goes....

In his Ruby on Rails demonstration video clip, David Heinemeier Hansson
launches TextMate into a kind of "new project" mode automatically by
typing "e /folder/path" in the terminal. Genius ! But... how do I do
this ? Is this a feature of TextMate available to the application
itself ? For clarification of what I'm rambling on about, the Quicktime
clip is here: http://media.nextangle.com/rails/rails_setup.mov ( 2mins
18 seconds in ).

I wanted to ask this question here so others could benefit from the
answer before I go pester David for the answer !

Thanks in advance,
Paul Burgess.