[TxMt] adding a bundle

Mats Persson mats at imediatec.co.uk
Wed Feb 23 21:07:19 UTC 2005

On 23 Feb 2005, at 20:05, eoghan wrote:
>> Double-click the PHP.tmbundle should work, although there is a PHP
>> bundle installed by default.
> There is a php bundle in my bundle editor, but theres nothing in it...
> except PHP and HTML (PHP) - both of which dont have anything in
> them... I guess I need to get subversion as just suggested to get the
> bundle?

Ah, I understand. The installed default PHP.tmbundle (and the
Subversion version is the same onel) only contains the Syntax
highlighting files for PHP.

I've reworked the basic PHP bundle to my own liking with loads of
timesaving snippets and commands. Unfortunately, it's not really of
much use for others unless you happen to code with my code :)  Will try
to create a generic bundle, been meaning to do so for a while, but
haven't got around to it yet.

You can easily create your own snippets/commands to your own liking.
Read more about it in the TM Help menu and/or in the Mailing list
archives. here.  Give it a go, and although things might seem a bit
daunting/confusing to start with, once you understand *how* TM works
with snippets/commands/templates you will begin to wonder how you
managed to survive without TM before. I can honestly say that I have
never been more efficient or had a better time coding since I started
doing 7-8 years ago !!

Any other questions come back and we'll see what we can help you with.

Kind regards,

Mats

----
"TextMate, coding with an incredible sense of joy and ease"
- www.macromates.com -