[TxMt] New TM Doc in Finder Contextal Menu. Any ideas ??

fatal fatal at starflam.com
Fri Feb 11 22:41:13 UTC 2005

On 11 févr. 05, at 20:16, Eric Hsu wrote:

> OnMyCommandCM (free at http://www.abracode.com/free/cmworkshop/) lets
> you write your own CMs using shell scripts. I just downloaded it and
> have quickly hacked out two contextual menu commands:
>
> Edit in TM (pop it up on a file)
> Edit New File Here in TM (pop it up on a directory; if you pick a
> file, it puts a new file in the same directory)
>
> To install:
> 1. Download and install OMC.
> 2. Make sure you have the 1.1b5 tm CLI command.
> 3. Download OnMyCommandCMs from
> http://macromates.com/svn/Bundles/trunk/Tools/CM/
> 4. Import the commands using the OMC_Edit tool in the OMC folder.
> 5. It expects ~/bin/tm to be the binary. If yours is elsewhere, use
> OMC_Edit to change the paths.
>
> I hope that helps.
>
> best, Eric

You beat me to it Eric,

I made the "new file" command a bit differently.

The command opens a dialog asking for a name for the new file and I
used "open -a" instead of "tm" CLI command ".
IMO, the advantage is that the Syntax highlight is selected according
to the extension you gave to the file name.
Plus, with the tm CLI, the file doesn't "exists" until you save it and
you have to "Saves as" to give it a proper name.

And I made it in Ruby cause I'm lazy. ;)
(Maybe Eric could make it in shell?)

So, follow the Eric's  recommandations to install and modify.

Change the Ruby and TextMate path in OMCEdit if you have to.

I don't have write access to the repository, so here is the command:
http://osxgeek.com/tm/TM-OMC.zip
Included is the "Edit in TM" command with "open -a" too.

BTW, I recommend OMC to everyone, you can do a lot of stuff with it. I
use it all the time.

Hope this helps.

--
Fred