[TxMt] Option to disable automatic tab creation

Edmundo Ortega ed at westernfreight.com
Fri Feb 11 18:36:38 UTC 2005

We've talked about this before, but I don't think anything became of
it. Here's the idea:

Create a preference so that new tabs are not created for every item
clicked in the project drawer. To create a tab you would have to
shift-command-click or something like that. Without the modified click,
the current file would open either in a special "current item" tab on
the left, that would simply be replaced by whichever item is clicked on
next.

This is similar to Safari's tabbed page behavior.

For super-organized people that remember to close all the tabs they
don't really need, they can choose not use the preference and retain
the current behavior.

For people like me that quickly reference other files and then forget
to close them, this would be a nice way to avoid unnecessary tab
clutter.

Ed