[TxMt] Feature Request: Open Recent Files/Projects implementation idea

Mats Persson mats at imediatec.co.uk
Mon Feb 7 12:25:36 UTC 2005

I know this is probably on Allan's To Do list, and was mentioned not
too long ago by others, but I haven't found the actual implementation
discussed anywhere. So here goes my 2 cent worth of ideas.

I think the ideal implementation of this feature is just like the Apple
implementation in the Apple Menu's - Recent Items. The applications (=
projects) and the files (= TM single non-project files opened) are
separated as sub-menus of the menu item. Nice, clean and easy to use.

The settings for the number of items stored in each sub-menu should
then be set in the Preferences window, something along the line of what
is in System Preferences - Appearance -> Number of Recent Items:

For the past month or so I've been working with 3 projects opened at
all times. Then over the weekend I closed them down and looked through
some new code from a friend. As a result, I now have to 'go hunting'
for the .tmproj files through the Finder. I know, it doesn't stop me
from working, but this is just some basic 'spit & polish' to correct a
minor workflow problem in an otherwise fantastic app.

Kind regards,

Mats

----
"TextMate, coding with an incredible sense of joy and ease"
- www.macromates.com -