[TxMt] pdfLaTeX, b4

Sune Foldager cryo at cyanite.org
Tue Feb 1 22:18:27 UTC 2005

On 1. feb 2005, at 14:35, Brad Miller wrote:

> The latest unstable version of tetex from the fink archive appears to
> be several versions out of date [...].

Yes, in fact the teTeX package doesn't have the newest Web2C TeX
version at all no matter what distro you pick. The i-Installer one is a
mixture of teTeX (for the foundation) and a binary distro called
TeX-live for the programs (tex, pdftex, dvips etc.). teTeX is the most
popular package for *nix as far as I am aware, so it's rather odd that
it's behind like this. And too bad. But at least it can be worked
around on the mac.

--
Sune.
:: the Cottage of Lost Play.