[TxMt] File chooser string matching (was: Beta 4 & bundles)

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Tue Feb 1 13:44:50 UTC 2005

On Feb 1, 2005, at 13:35, Ian wrote:

>> This could be a bug, but the idea in general is not to type a prefix
>> of the file you want to find, but some characteristic letters. For
>> job.model.php you could type jm or jmp or mod. [...]
> Brilliant! Didn't realise the algorthim was that good (duh - I guess I
> should have when Allan said he donated to quicksilver).

Actually Nicholas (QS author) also “complained” about the preference
toward abbreviations instead of full substring matching ;)

I'll make it detect substring-typing better and also make sure that
entering punctuation doesn't lead to a non-match.

But the idea is indeed that one should enter an abbreviation and not
the actual full filename.