[TxMt] Nested Snippets

Gabe da Silveira gabe at websaviour.com
Sat Dec 24 19:07:42 UTC 2005

So, I know that this is already on the todo list, but I'm curious
what the status of nested snippets is.  I'm talking about initiating
another snippet while still in the placeholder of another snippet.
Then when you tab out it would return to the previous snippet(s).
I'm sure a few thorny issues might come up in implementation, but the
general idea is just a stack of active snippets instead of a single one.

The reason I ask is because often when I create snippets I am forced
to choose between something like:

and

The first one is sometimes preferable because I can then put another
snippet right in.  However in general I would prefer to use the
second form.  With nested snippets we get the best of both worlds.

TextMate already had an easy time replacing BBEdit for me, but this
feature alone would probably double my HTML creation speed.