[TxMt] Block indent, bracket matching, bracket typing

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Fri Dec 16 09:03:51 UTC 2005

http://lists.macromates.com/pipermail/textmate/2005-October/006391.html

http://lists.macromates.com/pipermail/textmate/2005-February/003102.html

> 3) I'd like to voice my support for smarter insertion of bracket
> pairs in the middle of text (as has been requested before). All too
> often, I get 'foo()bar(...)' when I want to wrap 'bar(...)'. [...]
> I'd much rather have no closing bracket inserted when the next
> character is not an operator/whitespace/end-of-line.

It does not perform auto-pairs when the character to the right of the
caret is a word-character, so if you press ( in front of bar(…) you
should not get what you quote above.