[TxMt] Re: Another suggestion: open with TextMate

Freek Dijkstra freek at macfreek.nl
Sun Dec 11 23:08:55 UTC 2005

Allan Odgaard wrote:
> On 9/12/2005, at 22:33, Freek Dijkstra wrote:
>
>> [...] when I double click it (in the project tab), TextEdit opens
>> another editor, like TextEdit. I would appreciate an item in the
>> contextual menu when I right-click such a file "Open With TextMate"
>
> Single-click opens it in TextMate, double-click in the Finder--assigned
> application. In addition you can right-click and select “Open «file» in
> New Window”.

No, it doesn't. It highly depends on the type of file. Today, I spent 15
minutes to find a reproducible example, but couldn't find one.

Thankfully, the file "misc" mentioned by Owen in his mail just yet is
such an example -- there seems no way to open that in TextMate if it is
in a drawer, and that is Very Annoying, since I-Know-It-Is-a-Text-File,
And I-Am-The-User-And-I-Am-Alway-Right ;-)

So even if TextMate thinks it can't open a file (for whatever reasons),
I still propose to have a contextual-menu options which tells textMate
to just open it.

Regards,
Freek