Unicode encodings (was Re: [TxMt] Tidy and XML)

Chris Thomas chris at cjack.com
Fri Dec 2 15:34:50 UTC 2005

Gentlemen,

Please read the entire article before sniping, if you're so inclined.
I quoted a very small section of it.
:-)

Please note that I'm _not_ taking a stand on UTF-16, although I could
see why you might think that from the quotes I provided. I'm just
trying to point out additional information.

Allan:

> I would have put my money on bzip2 for “the most efficient way
> possible” if the parameter was size :p

Given that bzip2 requires decompression before you can address
individual characters, I don't think it can lay claim to being "most
efficient." :)

Chris