[TxMt] [ feature request ] dragging text selection - customizable hold time

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Thu Aug 18 17:27:15 UTC 2005

On 18/08/2005, at 17.39, Chris Thomas wrote:

> [...] The delay turns drag and drop into an occasional-use feature
> rather than something I use everyday.

I presume that NSTextView's lack of a visual cue (switching cursor)
doesn't sell the delay very well, since you end up holding down the
mouse for a second, just to be sure the waiting period is over.

> That said, there's a text preference you can set to adjust the
> delay time, but I don't remember what it is.

I wasn't able to find this (when I implemented the delay), so I use a
hardcoded value. If anyone has info about how to obtain the system-
wide preference for this, I'd be happy to use it.