[TxMt] Key bindings question

Benjamin Jackson ben at incomumdesign.com
Tue Aug 9 08:16:23 UTC 2005

Just hacked TextExtras to do auto-completion on space... however to get
it to work I had to alter DefaultKeyBindings.dict, which is now messing
with TM as I assume it's using a different InputManager and can't find
the functions I assigned to the space key. It would be nice to be able
to use the completion functionality within TM, but if it's not
technically possible then I'll settle for just resetting the bindings
for it.

How can I override these bindings just for TextMate? I'd assume it
would be possible by editing the KeyBindings.dict file in TM's
Resources, however I have no idea how (or if it's even possible) to map
a key binding to an NSTextView method with arguments. My first try
would be

{
     " " = "insertText:@' '";  /* space */
}

However I read somewhere about @-initialized strings being defined at
compile-time, so this doesn't work.

Any ideas? I'll make sure to put together a nice write-up when I'm done
:)
Ben Jackson
Diretor de Desenvolvimento

ben at incomumdesign.com