[TxMt] REQ: ctrl-tab toggles focus between textarea and project drawer

Tom Lazar tom at tomster.org
Thu Apr 28 17:46:14 UTC 2005

On Apr 28, 2005, at 6:53 PM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> You are aware of the file chooser from the navigation menu, right?

yes, I know... Command-T is your friend! I'm using it more and more,
but sometimes it's more convenient for me to browse the structure of
my project (using the cursor keys)...

> If you don't use shift-tab to go backwards in snippet placeholders,
> open TextMate.app/Contents/Resources/KeyBindings.dict and uncomment
> this line:
>    "\031" = "selectFollowingKeyView:";

ah, thanks for the tip. but I'll pass on this one: in case of doubt
I'd rather stick to the custom keybindings and shortcuts.

perhaps there's an easy way to ignore the project drawer widgets? I'd
rather give up accessing *those* via the keyboard (never do, anyway)
and the ctrl-tab would do the toggeling without changing any other
behaviour.

at any rate nothing to lose sleep over ;-)

tom

> Then you have shift-tab to go to project drawer, and shift-tab will
> take you back to text view again.

Tom Lazar
http://tomster.org