[TxMt] Feature request: Run commands on events

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Tue Apr 26 09:51:57 UTC 2005

On Apr 26, 2005, at 9:56, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> However, I was talking about editing patterns about having return
> remove ws to the left.
> [...]

Here's another that I also use a lot:

    if(some_condition)
    |  expression; // caret is denoted by |

If I want to bracket the expression I do:
    return
    cmd-return
    delete (backwards)
    2 x shift arrow up
    {

And I have:
    if(some_condition)
    {
       expression;
    }|

Maybe I should make a macro, but I do this almost w/o thinking, and it
comes in many flavors (to bracket stuff), so one macro probably
wouldn't be sufficient -- so all in all, having return remove
whitespace is not cool with me. But the virtual indent I mentioned
would be :)