[TxMt] Python bundle broken as of revision 637?

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Thu Apr 21 23:54:49 UTC 2005

On Apr 22, 2005, at 1:38, Tom Lazar wrote:

> hello, is it just me, or is the Python bundle broken?

The styles/colors were removed because these are now applied using
scoped settings. Sorry about not sending a note to this list about not
recommending updating svn (or branching the svn) -- initially I'd
imagined the bundle developers would just leave the obsolete
styles/colors, but I was wrong :)

About 1.1b6: http://macromates.com/wiki/pmwiki?n=Main.Version1Dot1Beta6
(be sure to read the errata if you do grab it)

> - I deleted ~/Library/Application\ Support/TextMate
> - I deleted the Bundles directory inside TextMate.app
> - I checked out svn/Bundles/trunk at /Library/Application\ Support/
> and created a symbolic link 'TextMate' to 'trunk' (it was the only way
> to get the bundles recognize)

You shouldn't need to make it a symbolic link, do the checkout like
this:
    mkdir -p /Library/Application\ Support/TextMate
    cd /Library/Application\ Support/TextMate
    svn --username anon --password anon co
http://macromates.com/svn/Bundles/trunk .

Notice that this checkout is made to /Library instead of ~/Library --
for people who are not going to commit stuff to the repository, this is
much better, as TextMate will read it all from /Library, but keep your
modifications in ~/Library (so it'll be easier to zap the entire
repository, update it etc.).