[TxMt] context output to html

Florian G. Pflug fgp at phlo.org
Tue Apr 19 14:05:04 UTC 2005

Allan Odgaard wrote:
> As a workaround I changed the redirect command to go through localhost
> like this:
>
> [ -s ${tmp}.pdf ] && { cp "$tmp" ~/Sites/web_kit_workaround.pdf; chmod
> 666 ~/Sites/web_kit_workaround.pdf; echo
> "</pre><script>window.location='http://localhost/~$USER/
> web_kit_workaround.pdf'</script>"; }
>
> Now it follows the redirect again, but unfortunately the PDF plugin
> doesn't work, it freezes after showing “Loading...”, but this is also
> the case when loading the PDF in Safari (and OmniWeb crashes). I did
> try the latest 2.2 of the plugin.
I changed it to just open the pdf in preview, using "open ${tmp}.pdf".
It's not as nice as opening it in the same window, but generally prefer
Preview over the PDF-Plugin for viewing pdfs, so I guess it's a draw ;-)

> Well... hopefully the rumored native PDF capability in Tiger will make
> the actual rendering work. But I'm not sure what to do about not being
> able to do a file://-redirect.
I believe some tiger-featuer-list published by apple confirmed the pdf-viewing
feature, so I'll only have to live with the workaround for two weeks ;-)

greetings, Florian Pflug