[TxMt] context output to html

Florian G. Pflug fgp at phlo.org
Tue Apr 19 07:45:40 UTC 2005

Allan Odgaard wrote:
> On Apr 7, 2005, at 19:04, Robert Ullrey wrote:
>
>> Thanks Allan, but neither suggestion worked to get the pdf into the
>> browser. I am still getting the output pdf as I should, the script
>> just does not seem to see it. Not sure where the problem is. I'll
>> look  more this weekend.
>

> I'm currently having the problem that the HTML output refuses to follow
> any redirects to file:// which does cause a similar problem. This
> probably happened after one of the last system updates.
Hi

This happens on my system too - I believe the 10.3.9 update broke it (It
contained a new Safari Version, and thus probably a new WebKit too, which
I suppose the HTML-View is based on ;-) ).

Might this be a "security feature"? After all, it might not be unreasonable
not to allow a web-page to redirect to a page on the client computer...

Maybe it's just a matter of telling the Webkit-View that the page it is displaying
is to be trusted or something like that?

I'll try to put the html the pdf-preview-command is generating onto some
webserver, and check if safari follows the redirect... I'll report back
when I tried that out..

greetings, Florian Pflug