[TxMt] Bug Confirmation?

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Sat Apr 16 20:44:26 UTC 2005

On Apr 15, 2005, at 11:59, Robert M.Zigweid wrote:

> I know it's bad to reply to myself, but I believe I found my answer.
> It looks like the macro editor encodes the snippet into the macro
> itself, not really using the global snippets.  While this is somewhat
> confusing, it does appear to provide me with a workaround.

Yes -- as Ralph mentions, this is a feature, because you could
lose/change etc. the original macro/command/snippet that was used in
the macro and/or you could send your macro to a friend who is w/o the
dependencies. And of course, the macro could easily break if you change
the dependencies.

If you do want a dynamic snippet in your macro, you can call out to the
shell and use a variable. E.g. inserting this snippet: “this is
${0:`printenv MY_DEFAULT_VALUE`}!” allows you to change the result of
the snippet by going to Preferences / Advanced and setting a value for
the MY_DEFAULT_VALUE variable (or set the variable in one of the files
sourced by bash).