[TxMt] Refreshing files after a command executes

David Ogren ogren at mac.com
Thu Apr 14 16:18:39 UTC 2005

I'm new to TextMate, so please point me to the fine manual if I'm
missing something obvious. I've poked around the mailing list and
documentation but couldn't find anything related. I'm using 1.1b5
currently, but would switch back to 1.0.x if that helps.

As part of switching over to TextMate I'm trying to set up a TextMate
command to do some text processing. I have a project defined that has
multiple text files and a TextMate command that may modify some or all
of the text files in that project when it executes. The command first
saves all of the files in the project. It then runs a Python script
with no input and discarding any output.

TextMate, unfortunately, doesn't seem to check to see if the current
file was changed after the command executes. If I switch to another
file in the project and then back to the original file it will notice
that the underlying file has been changed. But if I forget to switch
back and forth it will end up causing a conflict between the file in
memory and the file on disk.

In short, is there anyway to force TextMate to check the "freshness" of
a current file after executing a command?