[TxMt] Replace the drawer

Ralph Pöllath lists at poellath.org
Wed Apr 6 08:06:13 UTC 2005

On 06.04.2005, at 00:44, Steve Lianoglou wrote:
>> What are your reservations about the drawer? I know it can sometimes
>> "forget" its assigned width and height when the window is resized,
>> due to some window manager bugs. Anything else?
>
> The only problem I have w/ the drawer is something like this:
> let's say I have a file-structure that's somehow deep:
>
> root/
>  files
>  folder/
>    files
..snip..

I agree with Steve. With java projects and their deeply nested folder
structure, I have to make the drawer very wide to see the actual
filenames.

It wouldn't be as bad as it is if the drawer could merge the names of
single subfolders in the name of the parent folder (like Eclipse does).
Instead of displaying

src/
     com/
         mycompany/