[TxMt] jumping to bookmarks

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Mon Apr 4 23:48:40 UTC 2005

On Apr 4, 2005, at 23:17, Lang Riley wrote:

> Would it be possible to have TM center the display vertically
> according to the location of a bookmark when the F2 'jump to bookmark
> functionality' is invoked?

Yes -- this problem is general for all “actions” where the caret isn't
moved, because it already has the correct position (e.g. also home/end
when caret is already in the extreme position). I'll improve it when I
revisit the editing core.

> For example, if you are fond of using a mouse scroll wheel as I am to
> look around (in a quicker fashion than the arrow keys will allow),
> then you will find that since your cursor has not actually moved,
> subsequently hitting F2 will not change the orientation of the
> document thereby effectively negating the functional purpose of the F2
> functionality.

Well, in this situation you should just hit cmd-J instead of using
bookmarks! :)