[TxMt] Window oddity/bug?

Fred B. fredb7 at starflam.com
Sat Apr 2 03:42:55 UTC 2005

On 2 avr. 05, at 01:42, Dameron Midgette wrote:

> Hi there!
>     I'm on a tear....
>     When I have several non-project windows open, and I drag another
> file on TM's icon, the new file window appears as it should; The
> previous top window moves, while staying underneath, to just above and
> left of the new window.

What you describe seems the normal TM behaviour, or maybe I don't
understand well.
But I noticed a strange behaviour some times ago, as it is hard to
explain in my poor english, I didn't wrote about it before. I'll try
anyway.

As I understand it:

-open file 1 => file opens to the left of the screen
-open file 2 => TM puts it down-right of file 1.
-open file 3 => TM moves file 2 back to the left, same height than file
1 and puts file 3 down-right of file 2.
etc.

(This is nice a nice, btw! )

If you move file 2 to the right before opening file 3, file 3 still
opens at the left of the screen, as file 4, etc.
No problem. But:
If you move file 1 to the right before opening file 2, file 2 opens
down-right file 1, not at the left of the screen.
Then, if you opens file 3, TM sends file 2 to the left of the screen.
Which is a bit... weird to say the least.

I hope someone will understand what I wrote ;)

--
FredB