[TxMt] Funny behaviour with Desktop Manager?

Kelvin post at ktml.net
Fri Apr 1 23:21:18 UTC 2005

I have the same problem, but it happens with or without virtual desktop.
It's because of the behaviour of Mac os i think. The problem is every
time you switch to Textmate, it checks for files updates/directory
reference. When I have a large number of files opened or I am working on
a big project with a lot of files, it takes a while. Say I am working
with firefox and Textmate. If I switch to Firefox before the files
update checking in Textmate is done, first it will switch to Firefox,
and then when the update checking is done in Textmate, Mac os somehow
turn the focus back to Textmate and bring it to foreground. Which is
very annoying.

I think it's more like a bug in Mac os x more than a bug in Textmate?

I think the workaround is not to open so many files, or WAIT till
Textmate finishing checking for file/directory updates before switching
to another application.

Kelvin