[TxMt] Order of open files window tabs question ??

Drew McLellan lists at allinthehead.com
Fri Oct 29 09:23:51 UTC 2004

Mats Persson wrote:

> Newly opened files will always be added immediately behind the currently
> selected tab, and not in an alphabetical order nor in a order of opened
> status which I had kind of assumed it would do just like Safari tabs do.
<snip>
> What's the general view on this ?  Apologies if this has been discussed
> earlier without me noticing it.

This has caught me out too. My presumption was that it was somehow
remembering where the file was when I last had it open.

In almost all cases, opening a new file has caused me to become a little
disorientated and start closing any files I don't need anymore, just to
get my bearings.

At least it's good for the housekeeping ;)

I'm all for options, and I think the option I'd personally choose is to
have new tabs open at the end of the list.

drew.