[TxMt] Add 'twiddle characters' support to Cocoa apps

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Thu Oct 28 23:59:25 UTC 2004

On 29. Oct 2004, at 0:02, kumar mcmillan wrote:

>> I thought this article might be of interest to you:
>> http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20041026211641708
> not to go OT but I have to say, in my opinion, this is another useless
> BBEdit feature.  TextMate can learn from their mistakes :)

Actually, I use transpose all the time in just about any Cocoa
applications, it didn't happen to me before I got a Mac, so I'm halfway
blaming Apple's keyboard ;) but I do seem to output a lot of letters in
the wrong order, it even happened once in this sentence -- and I then
just go back between these and press control-t (and that's also a
default binding in TextMate, though it doesn't do the
moveBackward-thing, which wouldn't be an advantage with my usage
pattern).

Oh, and if you're at the begin/end of line in TextMate, and press
control-t, it'll swap the two lines.

If you have multiple lines selected, it will reverse the order of these
on control-t (strange as it may sound, something I have actually used
on several occasions ;) ).

Kind regards Allan