[TxMt] Re: [TextMate] workarounds for lack of (s)ftp/external editing support?

Jarkko Laine jarkko at jlaine.net
Thu Oct 28 09:12:28 UTC 2004

On 28.10.2004, at 06:35, Simon Dorfman wrote:

> On 10/27/04 7:52 PM, "Justin French" <justin.french at indent.com.au>
> wrote:
>> All of the text editors in Transmit's pop-up are special -- they all
>> support a special suite of AppleEvents, so that when you choose "Save"
>> in the text editor, it automatically launches Transmit and uploads the
>> file to the right location.

I tested out YummyFTP (that someone mentioned on this list) and it
looks really slick. I just selected TextMate as the external editor and
opening and saving directly from/to sftp server works fine, without any
API or AppleEvents compliance from the TextMate side.

If you need that functionality right now, go ahead and test it (it's in
Versiontracker), it's definitely worth a try. Unfortunately the free
(fully functional) demo only works for seven days so the buying
decision has to be made quite fast.

//jarkko

--
Jarkko Laine