[TxMt] Re: [TextMate] workarounds for lack of (s)ftp/external editing support?

Justin French justin.french at indent.com.au
Thu Oct 28 00:52:34 UTC 2004

On 28/10/2004, at 7:00 AM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> On 27. Oct 2004, at 21:57, Noel Jackson wrote:
>
>> I'm sure if you talked to the developer of transmit, he'd add
>> TextMate for you in a heartbeat.
>
> I actually wrote them last week to learn if their list of "good"
> editors were kept in a plist or similar -- but they haven't replied
> yet.

Panic replied to me on the same topic a while back...

---
All of the text editors in Transmit's pop-up are special -- they all
support a special suite of AppleEvents, so that when you choose "Save"
in the text editor, it automatically launches Transmit and uploads the
file to the right location.

As more text editors support this, we'll add them.

In the meantime, of course any text editor works with Transmit -- but
they won't launch from _within_ Transmit.
---

So, support what they need supported, then let them know so they can
add it, I guess.

Justin