[TxMt] Re: Help With Ruby Command

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Wed Oct 27 14:09:42 UTC 2004

On 27. Oct 2004, at 12:04, Timothy Martens wrote:

>> to the .bashrc file within your home directory.  Add it if it doesn't
>> exist.
> I don't have a .bashrc file in home, but I do have .bash_profile which
> contains:
>
> export
> PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/mysql/bin:/usr/local/php/bin

Currently TextMate starts bash as a non-interactive non-login shell. So
the only file sourced will be the one mentioned in the BASH_ENV
variable (which no-one probably have setup).

I'll add '--login' in next beta, that should make it read the
.bash_profile, and hopefully people will have less problems with paths.

Kind regards Allan