[TxMt] Re: [TextMate] Help With Ruby Command

Jackie Chappell jmchappell at mac.com
Wed Oct 27 12:44:21 UTC 2004

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 13:17:50 -1000 Timothy Martens wrote:

> /bin/sh: line 1: ruby: command not found
>
> why? do I need the full path in line 1?

Hmm. I don't use the full path for Ruby but it works for me. Also
whereis ruby returns nothing for me, but I also have Ruby 1.8.1 in
/usr/local/bin.

my $PATH is:

PATH="/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current:
/usr/local/mysql/bin:$PATH"

export PATH

in .bashrc, but you can also put it in .bash_profile (I 'source'
.bashrc in .bash_profile). I found that if I put the default $PATH
first, the shell would find the Panther version of Ruby (in /usr/bin)
first before my 1.8.1 version in /usr/local/bin, but YMMV.

I think this must be a path issue. Does the command work if you specify
the full path instead of just ruby?

Jackie
--
Jackie Chappell