[TxMt] Re: Trying to use key bindings...

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Tue Oct 26 14:05:17 UTC 2004

On 26. Oct 2004, at 4:26, Chris Brierley wrote:

> I can second Richard on this one.  I have a US keyboard where [ and ]
> are on their own keys, but when I change by KeyBindings.dict to have:
>
>     "@[" = "shiftLeft:";
>     "@]" = "shiftRight:";
>
> ... TextMate doesn't pick it up.

I tried it myself, and I think there's a system bug at play here.

Initially the keys beep for me, but if I open _any_ menu, w/o choosing
anything, close it again, and then try the keys, they do work.

I'll look into a work-around in the coming days -- most likely placing
the keys as menu shortcuts will solve it (so I'll just make these the
default keys, but keep the tab-versions in the key bindings).

Kind regards Allan