[TxMt] Re: smart typing in 1.0.2b1

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Tue Oct 26 00:06:18 UTC 2004

On 26. Oct 2004, at 1:16, Drew McLellan wrote:

>> Currently there is no such "accelerator" -- what I do is have
>> cmd-return do "move to end of line and return" and cmd-shift-return
>> do "move to end of line, insert ;, and return". That way, most of the
>> time I won't even have to skip over the auto-inserted closers.
> Allan, is this something that should work now, or does it need some
> configuration?

It needs "configuration" in the form of recording it as macros:

  · option-cmd-m (start macro recording)
  · cmd-left (move to end of line)
  · type ; and return
  · option-cmd-m (stop macro recording)
  · ctrl-cmd-m (save scratch macro, give it a name and the key
equivalent cmd-shift-return)

Similar for the version which doesn't add ; at the end of the line.

Kind regards Allan