[TxMt] Re: [TextMate] workarounds for lack of (s)ftp/external editing support?

Jonas M Luster jluster at jluster.org
Mon Oct 25 23:07:53 UTC 2004

Allan Odgaard wrote:

> Yes, that's weird -- TextDrive have had a bit of downtime the last
> couple of days, but not more than at most an hour at a time AFAIK, maybe
> the SMTP just caught TextDrive at that time, and will resend!?!

I'm kicking the email server as we speak. It seems to be an issue on my
end. The code is at home, will send tonight. In the meantime, did you
look at Fugu? The source is at http://rsug.itd.umich.edu/software/fugu/
and it does support External Editors. Might be worth a shot.

> then ;)  Mainly I got stuck extracting the alias from the apple event
> and converting it to something useful -- but I'm not sure if the file is
> always an alias, or can also be an FSRef or a plain text string/URL.
> There seems to be quite a few types for files defined for apple events.

If I read the docs correctly, it's an alias. I need to dig deeper into
the Fugu code, I guess.

> appreciated, as I'd save me time (and probably frustrations, given my
> history with legacy Apple APIs ;) ).

I'll see what I have on that part.

> I also downloaded Interachy (sp?) and at least they allow the user to
> add other editors to the list. Probably some of the other ftp clients
> for the Mac does that as well.

Well, Fugu is source, so I can hack it :)

jonas

--
Dr. Jonas M Luster  -- http://www.jluster.org |   Technology Heathen
AIM: ibloodlore -- Skype: jluster             |        Social Zealot