[TextMate] Printing options?

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Mon Oct 25 15:30:28 UTC 2004

On 25. Oct 2004, at 13:03, Mats Persson wrote:

> Page Margins:  [...] IF this is impossible, please let us know.

I'll look into it! ;)

> How much control do you have over the default print sheet ??  Can you
> easily add the extra option in there as checkboxes, or do you have to
> use the pop-up menu for implementing the TM options as a separate
> sheet ??

I can add auxiliary views, so it's no problem to add options to the
standard dialog.

> Off Topic for Allan::   I suggested a version of Project Shell
> variables ( see  Feature Request: Per Project Shell Variables ) which
> received no replies. Any comments on this ??  Just curious : )

Yes, there will be project variables. Probably I'll do this for the
next beta, and I'll do the GUI as well (I feel the GUI-side of TextMate
is lacking seriously behind, so probably I should work a bit on the GUI
before I add more "hidden" options ;) ).

Long term I would like to ditch project files (.tmproj) and have the
project drawer be more like a regular Finder window, and a project is
just a "snapshot" (bookmark/favorite) of the current project drawer
contents (with filters, mixed sources etc.) -- and probably at the top
(folder) level there'll be virtual folders for networks (ftp/sftp),
saved projects (i.e. snapshots) etc.

TextMate will then by default just show the user home directory (~) in
a collapsed state in the project drawer, when opening a new window.

But I'm not settled 100% on how to handle this -- I'm mentioning it
only to send a signal that project files should be deprecated in the
future, so I don't want to start to rely too much on these (unless it
turns out that they really are unavoidable).

Kind regards Allan