[TextMate] Heuristic for smart typing pairs

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Mon Oct 25 15:15:54 UTC 2004

On 20. Oct 2004, at 11:43, Chris Jenkins wrote:

> I've been watching a few colleagues of mine using TextMate and one of
> them has switched off the smart typing [...] She types a word and then
> decides it needs to be a string [...] So she switches the feature off
> as its "annoying".

If you can make her use the latest beta, it would be cool to hear if
the problem is fixed with the new rules -- even if it's no benefit for
her (i.e. she doesn't use the new "wrap selection" or the general
auto-insertion), alone the fact that it no longer clashes with her
style would be a nice improvement!

Of course other people are also welcome with their input! Just remember
to give it at least five minutes before you deem it a success/failure!
;)

Kind regards Allan