[TextMate] Printing options?

José Campos jose.campos+tm at galacsys.com
Mon Oct 25 03:55:41 UTC 2004

Allan Odgaard <allan at macromates.com> wrote:

> So after a few days of (hopefully) well deserved vacation, I'm back to
> TM development, and I'm currently adding support for printing.
    Great!

> But printing plain text from a plain text editor is really alien to me
> ;) so I was curious, what options do people expect to see?

    Something like BBEdit print options?

> I.e. should it always be soft wrapped? Should the font be changeable in
> the printing dialog, or just use the document font? Should it have the
> option to print with/without line numbers? Another tab-size? How about
> syntax-highlight, should that be turned into b/w (there's a quartz
> filter to turn it into grey-scale by default)? etc. etc.

    All these parameters should be available in the print dialog box, or
(let's dream :) in the Preference dialog box

> If you do use/desire printing, let me know which "options" you use
> (let's try not to mention all the things printing _could_ have) and
> what stuff you actually do print (as plain text), especially the latter
> will help me better understand the target audience for this feature!

    If the text is wrapped, and if the last paragraph could not be
completely printed on the current page, it could automaticaly be printed
on the top of next page (sounds like "orphan lines" no?).
    Add option to set manual page break in the document (perhaps this
does already exists?) and a print preview (or at least see page break as
grey line in the document window)
    Insert header in every page of the document with file path, date
last saved, insert page footer with page number and total number of page
of the document etc...

    Bonne journée,

--
  Jo                                         <W:00°04'37" ; N:47°15'36">