[TextMate] PHPDoc bundle released

kumar mcmillan kmcmillan at leapfrogonline.com
Fri Oct 22 14:41:33 UTC 2004

This is a very simple set of snippets to automate your PHP Documentor
tags [http://www.phpdoc.org/] while writing PHP classes using TextMate.

download: http://farmdev.com/downloads/PHPDoc.tar.gz

Here are the commands:

phpdoc_c : creates a PHPDoc class block
phpdoc_d : creates a PHPDoc definition block (constant definition)
phpdoc_f : creates a PHPDoc function block
phpdoc_h : creates a PHPDoc header for the top of your script
phpdoc_v : creates a PHPDoc class variable

** There is a very nice feature in TextMate that allows you to
reference a cursor position in a snippet by simply repeating the
numeric variable.  What I like to do when writing functions is always
comment the end of the function with its name so you know what the last
trailing bracket is closing.  This is fully automated for class and
function blocks.  As an example:

function do_something($input)
{
     // lots of code ...
     // lots of code ...
     // lots of code ...
     // lots of code ...
     // lots of code ...
     // lots of code ...
     // lots of code ...
     // lots of code ...
} // END function do_something($input)

I must also say that with TextMate 1.0.1 I am sold!  Many thanks to the
dev team and hopefully my license will help keep things moving.  And
feel free to include this in the default package if you see fit.

---

Here is a complete example of how a script would look using these
snippets :

<?php

/**
  * Description of document
  *
  * @author Author Name
  * @version $Id$
  * @copyright Author Name, 22 October, 2004
  * @package default
  **/

/**
  * Define DocBlock
  **/

  /**
   * undocumented class
   *
   * @package default
   * @author author
   **/
  class Some_Class
  {
     /**
      * undocumented class variable
      *
      * @access public
      * @var string
      **/
     var $some_var;

     /**
      * undocumented function
      *
      * @access public
      * @return void
      * @param string $input
      * @author author
      **/
     function do_something_cool($input)
     {
     } // END function do_something_cool($input)
  } // END class Some_Class

?>