[TextMate] Re: Folding in text with no stop marker

Chris Brierley thebrier at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 20:39:24 UTC 2004

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 11:51:38 +0200, Jeroen <jeroen at je-ju.net> wrote:
> Allan informed me that he is planning to rewrite the folding code so that
> it is possible to fold these things.

Alright, I'm going to make one more suggestion about folding and then
shut up about it until we see what Allan comes up with when he has
time get to this (though I'd love to hear about the direction of this
development).  :)

I've noticed other editors have a folding mode based on indentation.
Basically, all blocks of text with the same indentation become folds
(with the start being the first line outdented from the block and the
end being the last indented line).

It seems to me this would work perfectly for Python and the other
cases that Andre mentioned.  I also think it would work for most cases
of "sanely" written code, without having to specify start and stop
markers in the bundles.

Just a thought.  Thanks.