[TextMate][command] W3C validator

Chris Brierley thebrier at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 20:17:40 UTC 2004

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 19:49:13 +1000, bongoman <infolists at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm finding that results.html is being revealed in Finder rather than
> opening in Safari, my default browser.

Hm.  If the open command is getting the full path to the file I don't
know why it would reveal it rather than show it.  Are you sure you
don't have any newlines or spaces in there where they shouldn't be?
E.g. maybe it's really running 'open /tmp/`id -u`/' instead of the
full path to the file?  What happens if you double-click on
results.html in the Finder?

You can always change the open call to 'open -a Safari /tmp/`id
-u`/results.html' which forces open to use Safari ... on the other
hand it doesn't really sound like that's where your problem lies.