[TextMate][command] W3C validator

Justin French justin.french at indent.com.au
Tue Oct 19 04:39:25 UTC 2004

On 19/10/2004, at 2:13 PM, José Campos wrote:

>     Hi All,
>
>     I'm trying to create a new command to submit current file to W3C
> html validator. This one does not work :
>     open http://validator.w3.org/check/$TM_FILEPATH
>
>     Of cours I could install the validator directly in MacOS X as
> <http://developer.apple.com/internet/opensource/validator.html> but the
> first way seemed easier.
>
>     Any idea?

I don't think you can do this.  The W3's validator either needs a
publicly available URL, or it needs a file to be uploaded.  The file
upload is done over POST (not GET, which is the URL), so for TM to send
a file to the validator over POST, it would need to pretend to be a
user uploading a file with a POST form...

I know TM can't do this, but perhaps it can interact with a library
that can, but it certainly won't be easy at all.

Justin