[TextMate] Problem changing keyboard shortcuts with System Preferences

Chris Brierley thebrier at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 21:04:17 UTC 2004

As the help file suggests, I've tried changing some keyboard shortcuts
with System Preferences->Keyboard & Mouse->Keyboard Shortcuts.  I'm
trying to change the following items in the Text menu:

    Reformat Paragraph
    Reformat & Justify
    Unwrap Paragraph

I can get Reformat & Justify to work but not Reformat Paragraph and
Unwrap Paragraph.

I suspect it's because both of those items change their name depending
on wether text is selected.  I.e., when text is selected they become
Reformat Selection and Unwrap Selection.

I've tried setting the same shortcut for both, e.g., Reformat
Paragraph and Reformat Selection to try to cover both menu states, but
it doesn't work and the System Preferences warns me of an error
because of the duplicate shortcut key.

Does anyone know how/if I can make that work?  Or am I just out of
luck because of the way the item changes names?

Incidentally, I've worked around it by creating a local
KeyBindings.dict, I'd just prefer to do it with the System Preferences
so I don't have to always keep my KeyBindings.dict up-to-date between
version changes.

Thanks much for any ideas!