[TextMate] tabs, tabs, tabs

Mats Persson mats at imediatec.co.uk
Mon Oct 18 13:46:41 UTC 2004

> Had another go at the tab thing tonight, trying to get it a little
> more "aqua"... The result is attached.
> <mock2.png>
> Both Allan and myself have pretty much turned down the idea.  Whilst I
> think they look great, they're a little too small, and the X and dot
> don't stand out enough... I'd probably have to start again with a new
> (slightly larger) "red ball" (this one was borrowed from OmniWeb).

While probably ignoring the Aqua GUI standard here, but could the 'red'
dot / (X) close box work as follows:

red = Unsaved document
green (or other colour) = saved document

active document would remain as it is in b7.

That way we could see instantly which doc's are unsaved when we work
with a gazillion tabs open.

> But these flat crosses are becoming a little bit of a de-facto OSX
> standard in one form or another -- most tabbed apps are using them, so
> I figure there's no need to rock the boat.

If the above could be done, then I'd prefer the (X) rather than the
dot-bubble-thing.

> We're also ummming and ahhhhing about coloring the selected tab from
> white to something else (like an Aqua blue), but my preference is
> definitely white.

Mine too !!

> For what it's worth (Drew, et al), yes, I'd love to have the selected
> tab bleed into the document, but Allan doesn't dig it, and it does
> have some issues in regards to the colour of the document (eg Ruby's
> black) which are a not exactly simple to work around.  One day maybe
> :)

That would be nice, but surely not anything that's urgent. IF it can be
done easily and quickly then by all means do it.

Kind regards,

Mats