[TextMate] don't like new tabs

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Mon Oct 18 11:30:32 UTC 2004

On 18. Oct 2004, at 13:24, bongoman wrote:

> The absence of the line works for me. Nice. I'm curious what Justin
> would say: I respect his opinion on this and wonder what he thinks.

Initially Justin did it like that, and I turned it down ;)

There were a few reasons I didn't like it:
  a) too much white, reminds me of a Java/Windows app
  b) won't work with different bg colors
  c) need to offset the tabs to make room for the gutter (and that's
sort of quite difficult because the gutter can change width etc.)
  d) technically the line is drawn by the scroll view, but that's a
coder-reason, so probably it doesn't count ;)

Kind regards Allan