[TextMate] Interface changes and Folding

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Sun Oct 17 11:04:03 UTC 2004

On 17. Oct 2004, at 9:56, Jeroen wrote:

> It would be nice if the user is allowed to place the status bar where
> he wants it. I have no idea why you would want a status bar at the top
> of your screen

I think Mail and Xcode places it there, but I'm also preferring to have
it at the bottom, also for decorative/aesthetic purposes, since there
are tabs at the top, and nothing at the bottom, and now there's even
both tabs and a status bar at the top, and maybe soon there'll be a
tool bar, so it gets a bit heavy on the top...

So yeah, it'll probably be configurable where to place it -- though I'm
not sure how good the "table view header"-background works in the
bottom of the screen. Maybe we need another background for when it's
down there.

> since almost every other editor I know has one at the bottom and this
> is also where I look if I want to know exact placement of my cursor.

Ah, then it's just a question of unlearning old habits! ;)

> Even better would be if the user is allowed to format the taskbar
> itself as well. :)

At least the status bar will see many improvements and lots of new
added info, some of it clickable... but this currently isn't my main
priority!

Kind regards Allan