[TextMate] Feature - managing the snippets

Andre Posumentov andre at alpdesignworks.com
Fri Oct 15 13:20:49 UTC 2004

On 15 Oct 2004, at 12:53, Mats Persson wrote:

> On Oct 14, 2004, at 21:59, profprof at mac.com wrote:
>
> I believe the above mentioned suggestion was made by me, so I should
> comment on it further.

Similar to yourself - I find myself editing  Javascript, wrapped in
HTML, wrapped in Python.  This seems like a good solution ..

> Ideally the 'joiner' character between  "html" and "table[tab]"  in
> the above examples should be a single key stroke, rather than the ' :
> ' which is a two-key keystroke. Although looking through the keyboard
> I don't find many good candidates.

Is there any reason not to use '/'  as a delimiter ?

> The way I see things, perhaps wrongly so, is that each user can create
> their default bundle that contains all the common language syntax
> files that they use on a regular basis.

> If we had the above we would type:
>
> 	php:div:header	to collect the header snippet in the div grouping in
> the php grouping.

Would it be possible to use an incremental match - to keep the number
of keypresses required to a minimum?  So that you just need to type
enough of each groupingID / snippet name for it to be a unique match.

-- Andre