[TextMate] Non-supported files

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Fri Oct 15 08:21:49 UTC 2004

On 15. Oct 2004, at 8:27, Rob Bevan wrote:

> This now prevents me from running commands on the file selected in the
> project drawer, as $TM_FILEPATH is the frontmost _open_ file. (I have
> a 'Test Movie in Flash' command as part of my ActionScript bundle, now
> broken, to be run on .fla files in my project). Any chance you could
> add another variable, e.g. $TM_SELECTEDFILE or something, so we can
> access these?

Yes, I wanted to have included this in b4 (since I know of your usage
;) ) but I wasn't entirely sure how to best do it.

There can be several selected files, so it would be TM_SELECTED_FILES,
but should that be an "array" or a ; separated list? and if it's a
list, should I escape spaces etc.?

That said, I think there will be both TM_SELECTED_FILES and
TM_SELECTED_FILE, where the latter is just the first selected file,
since most of the time, that's what you want to use, and having to
"parse" a ;-delimited list to get the first filename will probably
quickly turn boring...

> Also, why not allow these non-supported files to be opened by the
> Finder when double-clicking them? And having a Open with Finder
> command as well as a Reveal in Finder command?

Ah, I can add that. Also, there should be an "force open as ascii".

Kind regards Allan