[TextMate] Ruby syntax coloring glitch

Jeroen jeroen at je-ju.net
Thu Oct 14 12:55:40 UTC 2004

Allan Odgaard wrote:
> On 14. Oct 2004, at 13:54, Jeroen wrote:
>
>> I must say that I'm not really a big fan of the plists file for syntax
>> highlighting, they don't really work intuitively and the extra \ for
>> each \ in a regexp really doesn't help either.
>
> The extra \ can be avoided if you use e.g. Apple's property list editor.

I'll try that.

> As for intuitive, what do you suggest instead?

My grievance is that currently everybody is reinventing the wheel, e.g.
with the \< and \> around keywords and which things should be in a syntax
highlight file.
It would be nice if there's a template available which has the most common
things in a highlight file and with reasonable default values for them.
I'll try to look into that this weekend or something.

Jeroen.