[TextMate] Ruby syntax coloring glitch

Jeroen jeroen at je-ju.net
Thu Oct 14 11:54:58 UTC 2004

Rich Barton wrote:
> On 14 Oct 2004, at 11:00, Jeroen wrote:
>> This is not just def in Ruby. It's all highlighting based on keywords.
>> Keywords preceeded by characters works okay, but keywords followed by
>> anything is still highlighted (if there is no other highlighting active).
>

> I've just done a few tests (in beta 3), and it seems this problem *only*
> affects the 'def' keyword. I think the cause of this is the following
> lines in the syntax definition file:

My bad.
I used my own Python syntax highlight file and there I forgot to add \>
after the special keyword identifiers....

Continuing in this direction: It seems to me that things that are defined
as 'keywords' ought to have a default \< and \> around them. (I must say
that I'm not really a big fan of the plists file for syntax highlighting,
they don't really work intuitively and the extra \ for each \ in a regexp
really doesn't help either.)

Jeroen.