[TextMate] Project containing files on a remote disk - bug?

Andre Posumentov andre at alpdesignworks.com
Thu Oct 14 09:55:30 UTC 2004

On 14 Oct 2004, at 09:42, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> On 14. Oct 2004, at 0:36, Andre Posumentov wrote:
>
>> Probably unfair to call the following a bug - as it's behaviour that
>> seems correct in the context of a purely local filesystem.  However,
>> it can catch you out if your Project contains references to remote
>> files.
>
> When I revisit the project drawer code I'll make it so that it only
> makes missing folder references red (as it currently does with missing
> files) instead of dropping them.

Ah!  I hadn't spotted the way TM handles missing files - all my remote
refs have been to folders.  So a good workaround for the moment is to
manually create the remote directory tree as a collection of Groups,
and then drop the files into those groups.  Works perfectly - you can
re-attach the remote volume after launching TM, and it promptly
reinstates the missing files.

Good stuff - many thanks!

-- Andre