[TextMate] Syntax Question: Including HTML in PHP syntax

Sune Foldager cryo at diku.dk
Wed Oct 13 22:45:49 UTC 2004

On 14/10-2004, at 0:14, Rich Barton wrote:

> On 13 Oct 2004, at 19:53, Mats Persson wrote:
>
>> I am trying to make sure that HTML code inside a PHP file is
>> correctly highlighted, but is unsure about how to do it.
>
> Umm, so what's wrong with the HTML-PHP syntax highlighting that ships
> with TM? Using this syntax, anything outside PHP delimiters is
> considered HTML and highlighted accordingly (albeit in grey), which is
> what you want, right?

I also think it's best to do PHP inside HTML instead of the other way
around, since HTML isn't really imbedded into PHP but rather vice
versa. In the future Syntax Highlight system there should be plenty of
possibilities for highlight that changes with context (so HTML is gray
when in PHP and vice versa) and other nifty things :-).

--
Sune.
"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"